New Natural Gas Compressor Station
In 2015 TP Electric was selected by a major midstream company to do the complete installation and commissioning of all electrical equipment for a new compressor station. The compressors at this station were electrically operated which increased the scope of the project beyond the typical gas operated compressors. At its peak, TP Electric had 80 journeyman electricians under their supervision on this project.
Our Scope was as follows:
- Turn-key Electrical Responsibility
- Supply & Install All Underground Duct Banks
- Supply & Install all Cable Tray, Conduit, Cables, Grounding & Lightening Protection
- Sub Station – Install & Wire Transformers & All Associated Equipment
- Motor Control Centers & Variable Frequency Drives Installation and Commissioning
- Supply, Install & Commission all Instrumentation, Gas & Flame Detection
- Power & Control Wiring to All Instrumentation & Controls
- Install Heat Trace Cables & Controls
- Install all Conduit, Wiring & Instruments for Truck Unloading
The total cost of the electrical contracting services totaled over $6M and the project was completed in 6 months.
As a result of the success of this project TP Electric was awarded an additional compressor station. This site was comprised of gas operated compressors and the total scope for the turn-key electrical was over $5M.